Built for entrepreneurs
No travel needed, just 15 minutes for you to complete the online form. We do the rest!
You get a Business Registration Certificate, Registered address and Company secretary
Automatically receive a Neat Account and corporate cards or we’ll refund your registration costs
- A certified expert who covers you on reporting. All Hong Kong companies must have a local corporate secretary
- This officer communicates changes in company structure and management to the government, maintains company records, and files statutory documents accurately on time, avoiding nasty penalties
- A real Hong Kong mailbox for your legal correspondence. All Hong Kong companies must have a local registered address. It goes on all legal documents. Government sends notices with deadlines here
- We open, scan, and upload letters to your account same day it is delivered
Business Registration Certificate
- A must-have document for every Hong Kong business. We’ll arrange this document for your company and renew it every year
- This document shows important details of a company, including the company name, business nature and address. It is typically issued for 1 year and has to be renewed annually
- Once your company is successfully incorporated, you automatically receive a Neat Account to collect funds from your customers and make payments to you supplier, locally & internationally
- You also get a Neat corporate VISA card for your subscription and online spending, and your account is fully integrated with Xero for automated bookkeeping
- All it takes is just a few days to set your business in motion!
Priced for entrepreneurs
Your Neat account integrates with Xero, so it’s simple to reconcile your transactions and receive in-depth financial reporting
Make it easy for customers to pay you by card. Neat integrates with Stripe, so those payments go directly into your Neat wallets
Make sure you’re consistently dotting all the i’s and crossing all the t’s – get support through Neat’s network partner Osome
Commonly asked questions
How long does it take to open a company in Hong Kong?
It takes around a week to register your company and open your Neat Account.
This includes the entire company registration process, as well as reviewing whether you’re eligible for a Neat Account.
What's included in the price?
Our package includes:
- Filling out registration documents (NNC1 – IRB1)
- Payment of government fees (Registration Fee: HKD 1,720, Business Registration Fee: HKD 250)
- e-GreenBox*: We email you a digital copy of all your documents: certificate of incorporation, business registration, articles of association, share certificate
- 1 year registered and correspondence address
- 1 year company secretary
- Initial consulting after company registration
- 1 certified true copy of all your documents, kept at our partner office in case you need them
- Creation of the Significant Controller Register (SCR)
* If you want a physical green box, we can do this for a small fee.
What's required to open a company in Hong Kong?
- At least 1 shareholder
- 1 director (this has to be a person, not a company or other type of legal entity)
- 1 licensed company secretary (included in the Neat Registration package)
- 1 registered address (included in the Neat Registration package)
- Completed NNC1 and IRB1 forms (included in the Neat Registration package)
- Significant Controller Register (included in the Neat Registration package)
- Certificate of Registration (HKD 1,720) and Business Registration (HKD 250) (included in the Neat Registration package)
What happens after registration? Can you help with accounting and compliance?
After registration, our accounting partner will contact you to go through your legal, accounting and record-keeping obligations under Hong Kong law.
You don’t have to work with them – you can always choose another company secretary and accountant.
What are the ongoing costs of maintaining a Hong Kong company?
- A licensed company secretary for:
– Filing corporate changes with the Companies Registry
– Filing an annual return
– Renewing business registration annually
– Updating your Significant
- Controller Register (SCR)
- A registered address
- A correspondence address for official letters
- To pay the annual return fee (HKD 105)
- To pay the annual business registration fee (HKD 250 per year)
You get one year of registered address and company secretarial services included in your Neat Registration package. At the end of the first year, you can continue working with our partner or choose your own.
You’re also required to do your accounting, audit your accounts and submit a tax return. Accounting and auditing costs vary based on your transaction volumes and specific needs.
Do I need to be a Hong Kong resident to open a Hong Kong company?
No, you don’t have to be a Hong Kong resident.
Does Neat hold a TCSP licence?
Yes, Neat holds a TCSP licence (TC006452). We also partner with TCSP-licensed service providers to carry out the registration and provide corporate services.
As a Neat customer, you benefit from preferential rates, which is why you get a lower price than going directly to a corporate service firm.
What is the tax rate in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong uses a two-tier system. On the first HKD 2 million profit, you pay 8.25% tax. You have to pay 16.5% tax on any profit over HKD 2 million.
I have other questions
Check out our company registration blog post for more information. Contact us at [email protected] if you have specific questions.
You can also schedule a meeting with an independent consultant, if you have more complex questions about topics like company structure and tax planning.
What people say about Neat
“I needed a credit card and I thought – I’m not going through all the hassle with a bank. For my business, Neat is the only account I use. It works for everything I need it for.”
Charis Rooda, Webconf.asia