Built for entrepreneurs
No travel needed, just 15 minutes for you to complete the online form. We do the rest!
You get a Business Registration Certificate, Registered address and Company secretary, all included.
Automatically receive a Neat Account and corporate cards or we’ll refund your registration costs.
- A certified expert who covers you on all reporting requirements. All Hong Kong companies must have a local corporate secretary.
- Your corporate secretary communicates changes in company structure and management to the government. In addition, they maintain company records, and file statutory documents accurately on time, avoiding nasty penalties.
- A real Hong Kong mailbox for your legal correspondence. All Hong Kong companies must have a local registered address. Most importantly, it goes on all legal documents and the Government will send notices with deadlines here – an easy way to ensure all official documents go to the right place.
- We open, scan, and upload letters to your account on the same day it is delivered. Above all, we ensure professionalism and accuracy.
Business Registration Certificate
- A must-have document for every Hong Kong business. We arrange this document for your company and renew it every year on your behalf.
- This document shows important details of a company, including your company name, business nature and address.
- Once your company is successfully incorporated, you’ll automatically receive a Neat Account to collect funds from your customers and make payments to your suppliers, locally and internationally, so you’ll be up and running in no time.
- In addition, you also get a Neat corporate Visa card for your subscription and online spending. Your account is fully integrated with Xero for automated bookkeeping.
With Neat all it takes is a few days to set your business in motion!
Priced for entrepreneurs
Your Neat account integrates with Xero, so it’s simple to reconcile your transactions and receive in-depth financial reporting.
Make it easy for customers to pay you by card. Neat integrates with Stripe, with those payments sent directly into your Neat wallets.
Make sure you’re consistently dotting all the i’s and crossing all the t’s – get support through Neat’s network partner Osome.
Commonly asked questions
How long does it take to open a company in Hong Kong?
It only takes around a week to register your company and open your Neat Account.
This includes the entire company registration process, as well as reviewing whether you’re eligible for a Neat Account. At Neat, we keep everything simple and fast!
What's included in the price?
Our package includes:
- Filling out your registration documents (NNC1 – IRBR1).
- Payment of government fees (Registration Fee: HKD 1,720, Business Registration Fee: HKD 250).
- e-GreenBox*: We email you a digital copy of all your documents: certificate of incorporation, business registration, articles of association, share certificate.
- 1 year registered and correspondence address.
- 1 year company secretary services.
- Initial consulting after company registration.
- 1 certified true copy of all your documents, securely kept at our partner office in case you need them.
- Creation of the Significant Controller Register (SCR).
* If you prefer a physical green box, we can arrange this for a small fee.
What's required to open a company in Hong Kong?
- At least 1 shareholder
- 1 director (this has to be a person, not a company or other type of legal entity)
- There needs to be 1 licensed company secretary (included in the Neat Registration package)
- Further, there needs to be 1 registered address (included in the Neat Registration package)
- Completed NNC1 and IRBR1 forms (included in the Neat Registration package)
- Significant Controller Register (included in the Neat Registration package)
- Certificate of Registration (HKD 1,720) and Business Registration (HKD 250) (included in the Neat Registration package)
What happens after registration? Can you help with accounting and compliance?
After registration, our accounting partner will contact you to go through your legal, accounting and record-keeping obligations under Hong Kong law.
However, you don’t have to work with them. Ultimately, you can always choose another company secretary and accountant.
What are the ongoing costs of maintaining a Hong Kong company?
- A licensed company secretary for:
– Filing corporate changes with the Companies Registry
– Filing an annual return
– Renewing business registration annually
– Updating your Significant Controller Register (SCR)
- A registered address.
- A correspondence address for official letters.
- Payment of the annual return fee (HKD 105).
- Payment of the annual business registration fee (HKD 250 per year).
Included in your Neat registration package is your registered address and company secretarial services for one year. At the end of the first year, you can choose to continue working with our partner or your own alternative.
You are also required to do your accounting, audit your accounts and submit a tax return. Accounting and auditing costs will vary based on your transaction volumes and specific needs.
Do I need to be a Hong Kong resident to open a Hong Kong company?
No, you don’t have to be a Hong Kong resident.
Does Neat hold a TCSP licence?
Yes, Neat holds a TCSP license (TC007913). In addition, we also partner with TCSP-licensed service providers to carry out the registration and provide corporate services.
As a Neat customer, you benefit from preferential rates. As a result, you get a lower price than going directly to a corporate service firm.
What is the tax rate in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong uses a two-tier system. On the first HKD 2 million profit, you pay 8.25% tax. Any profit over HKD 2 million attracts a 16.5% tax rate.
Any other questions?
Check out our company registration blog post for more information. Contact us at [email protected] if you have specific questions and we’d be pleased to help you!
Alternatively, schedule a meeting with our independent consultants for more complex questions, such as company structure or tax planning. We’d be happy to hear from you.
What people say about Neat
“I needed a credit card and I thought – I’m not going through all the hassle with a bank. For my business, Neat is the only account I use. It works for everything I need it for.”
Charis Rooda, Webconf.asia